Hello Farm Members,
We're happy to announce that weekly pick-ups are about to begin! Please choose to pick-up your first share either Tuesday, June 10th or Thursday, June 12th between 3:30 and 7:00pm. **Please give us a quick e-mail reply to tell us which day you will be picking up your share this season.**
It is important that we know the day you are coming so that we know how much to harvest. We ask that you stick with the day you select (either Tuesday or Thursday) all season. If you have no preference for which day you pick-up, please let us know in your e-mail and we’ll steer you towards the day that helps us balance our distribution. If there is an unavoidable circumstance that requires you to pick-up on a different day, please indicate this on the sign-in sheet in the pick-up stand the week prior. This policy is not meant to be rigid, it is simply a logistical necessity.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The first week or two is going to be pretty light in terms of produce for you. While we were able to get things planted early this year, unusually dry weather and cold nights have slowed down growth. So expect some early greens and salad fixings primarily. But don't worry! The fields are full of lots of crops, and there will be lots of delicious food coming your way.
Here are some GUIDELINES for your visits to Stony Loam Farm:
1) On pick-up day, please bring your own basket/cloth bags and small plastic bags if you can. Last year we purchased 1500 paper bags! Of course, we will provide paper and plastic bags for you if you forget your own. (Please do NOT bring us your collection of recycled bags...only enough for you.)
2) Feel free to stroll the farm grounds and look around. Enjoy yourself!
3) On that same note, however, please keep your kids off farm equipment for their safety.
4) Please do not bring dogs. If you must, please leave them in your car. (We've had some incidents with the farm chickens......we'll let you use your imagination.) We have a farm dog, Rooster, who is the only dog allowed on the farm.
5) If you are out of town or unable to pick-up your share and would like to send someone in your place, feel free. Please brief them on the above guidelines. Any surplus food will be donated to local food shelves and to NOFA's farm share program.
6) We encourage you to carpool if it is at all feasible.
Pizza on Earth will be selling wood fired pizzas, as well as breads, baked goods, and gelato on both Tuesday and Thursday.
We are looking forward to meeting new members and seeing our old friends next week. **Don't forget to give us a quick e-mail reply with the pick-up day you prefer (or a non-preference status!).**
Dave, Emma and Eli